A Better Me

I have been a vegetarian for almost six months now and since that transition I have found myself eating generally healthier which not only has it's own benefits but also makes me feel better about myself too. I have noticed a difference in my mood, health and appearance so I thought I would share some of the changes I have made in my life since the new year that have made me a better me.

I have been eating a ridiculous amount of greens and though teenage me would be making a puking face right now, they're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. That being said, I still like to consume an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one sitting and eat takeout every other week, but I do so moderately.

I also work out, occasionally, doing simple routines like ab and butt workouts (because let's be honest, they're the most important ones) but nothing too drastic; just light exercises in the comfort of my own home seeing as the thought of going to an actual gym makes me laugh. When I'm not doing that I will probably be doing yoga or dancing which I find are better forms of exercise.

I think one of the biggest changes I have made that has impacted my life most is cutting out negative energies where possible. I know there will be days when I will feel down for whatever reason which can't be helped but if I can stop myself from feeling that way, I will do everything in my power to do so. I think by doing this it gives you more time to focus on the good things instead of dwelling on the bad and with no room for negative forces, positive ones will surely fill the empty spaces.

I also find surrounding yourself with uplifting people who want nothing but the best for you helps too but I think more than anything, you need to have a positive mindset in order to make changes and grow and if you do want to make a change in your life, whatever it may be, you have to do it for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. So amazing to see such a positive change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, so hard to do that kind of change. Proud of you great writing :)

    ReplyDelete