Oh So Pretty

I like wearing makeup, it makes me feel pretty but that doesn't mean I feel unpretty without it. I have heard so many excuses for why girls wear makeup from 'they want attention' to 'they're insecure' but the fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with the person who isn't wearing it. 

I have finally found my confidence and everyone should be able to feel that way, to be able to love yourself for who you are is one of the most important things you can possibly do and that doesn't make you vain or conceited, it makes you indestructible.  

So, if someone wants to wear makeup in order to make themselves feel more confident in their own skin or because they see it as a form of expression (or for whatever reason), let them, makeup doesn't cover your beauty, it enhances it. So unless a person's actions directly affect you, you shouldn't feel the need to comment on their behaviour.

I think everyone should be able to do and wear whatever they want to feel confident without worrying about other individuals; If that means wearing a ton of makeup and dressing pretty then so be it, wearing or not wearing makeup doesn't make you any less of person, the same way clothes don't define you. You are not what you wear, but regardless of that, what I want people to understand is that us girls don't necessarily dress or wear makeup to impress others. So, if you're one of those people who think we do, you need to get off your high horse and realise that most of the things a person does is usually for themselves and if you really want to complain about makeup, make it to be about products that are tested on animals, now that is something to get mad about.

              

2 comments:

  1. My favourite of your posts so far (and I love the others)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED TO SHARE THIS WITH SOME OF MY FRIENDS GOSH THIS NEED TO BE SHOUTED FROM ROOFTOPS I SWEAR!!! 🙌

    ReplyDelete