The Kings And The Queens Of The New Broken Scene

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know everything about music. I don't. I just buy a good album when I hear one. So, as long as I feel that an artist has put their all into it I know it's going to be stuck on repeat for the next month or so (or maybe until someone breaks my phone and steals my record player because they have heard it so many times that they are most likely to wring my neck if they hear it again). I'll also probably consider getting some of the lyrics tattooed on my body at some point. 

That's what I love about Five Seconds of Summer (5SOS). The pop punk band made up of Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings and Michael Clifford work incredibly hard to share music that not only they love and are proud of but music the fans can't get enough of too. Even if you aren't a fan, I bet you've rocked out to their songs without even knowing it at some point - whether it be playing on the radio or in a store while you were out shopping. Trust me, there's no escaping them. They, along with their fans, are a force to be reckoned with and if you listen to some of their first songs and compare it to the music they are releasing now you can see just how much they have grown, not only as musicians and lyricists but as people. Now, I guess while I'm on the topic it's only right that I throw in some promo so pre-order their latest (and greatest) album titled Sounds Good Feels Good, and rightly so, here.

I even had the chance to see the band live during their Rock Out With Your Socks Out Tour this past summer and they are electric. Their stage presence, their energy and their charisma are just a few of the things that will make it a night to remember. Being in a crowd filled with screaming fans that love a band just as much as you makes you feel that much more alive. Nothing else matters. It also seems like the boys are at their happiest when they are on stage, and that's where they belong; playing instruments with so much talent and sharing music that makes millions of people just as happy as they are. As well as that, the moment, their faces, when they're quiet and the crowd is singing these great lyrics that they have written back to them is one of my favourite things in the world.

In the end, I know there's more to them than the glitz and the glam but to the fans, 5SOS are more than just some band. They are friends. They are people you can turn to at your highest or lowest. They are a reminder that you can be whoever the hell you want to be and that no dream is out of reach. Like they said, "they are the voice of the new generation" and because of that, and the direction they are now taking their music in, I think they have started something revolutionary.

This is "the new broken scene". It's the time for outcasts and rejects and so called losers to finally make their mark. So, whether you like them or not, 5SOS are changing the world and I'm glad I have front row seats to watch as they do so.

3 comments:

  1. You almost made them sound cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I was kidding) I love hearing your passion for them through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a big fan of 5sos and I know recently you've lost a little interest in them but still appreciate their music. I love the passion you had though, I can relate to that passion in an artist. Music is a bug part of my life, I have to have it on in the background or blasted around the house, I love it. Chand x

    ReplyDelete