In Your Arms

I promised myself never to call a person home again. So, I painted the walls, and lit some candles, and decided home's where I lay my head. I never thought I'd question that until I saw your face. Still, I refused to believe home was in your arms, you were always so far away. But if my home was destroyed and I had nowhere to go I know I'd be just fine, because in your arms, where safety is found, is where I'd spend my time. And as my hand traces paint, better know as ink that's covers parts of your skin, I know that home will never be four walls with a fire that keeps me warm. Home is you and home is me and home is wherever we go.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love it. Chand x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I refused to believe home was in your arms, you were always so far away." -- my favorite line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But if my home was destroyed and I had nowhere to go I know I'd be just fine, because in your arms, where safety is found, is where I'd spend my time" -my favorite part

    ReplyDelete