Run Away With Me

Pack your bags, carry your dreams, and leave behind all your worries. We don't need them where we're going. We'll be out of the city before the light of the morning. And, as we drive we'll pick up possibilities and courage because it is only then that we'll choose to truly be fearless. So, we don't look back, wondering if it's the right thing we're doing. Who knew growing older would cast immense doubt, second guessing every decision and refusing to take a chance. I mean, we could still turn around, if that's what you want, after a pit stop and a drive-thru we can go back home. But, I'll stall and do whatever I can to change your mind because if we don't go now I know we never will.

So, run away with me. Leave it all behind. Escape who we're supposed to be while we still have time. And though I haven't figured out where the road will take us, the sun will keep us warm as we drown our regrets in the ocean. It will wash away everything and we can start again. There will be no more expectations but the ones we have of ourselves and every day will be as adventurous as we once imagined. In daydreams and make-believes and when we'd play pretend. We won't have to sit through the same mundane, tiresome routines, instead lead a life that is endlessly fulfilling. So, let's break the rules, like we used to. Forget the nine to fives and wasted lives and do everything we said we would when we were in high school. 

5 comments:

  1. I am in awe. Like my mind is blank right now. From a simple mundane text message and a mere joke about running away together you have created this beautiful poetry. I... I'm speechless. I know you are talented but each time you share something with me it hits me and hits again, the same thought "wow she's amazing" and I'm so glad I can call you my best friend, you're the cutest and I love this and it's everything. On a different note I'm going to go put in for my drivers test so that we can actually run away for a while, even if it just to go grab some ice cream. And lastly I only have one more thing to say, aw bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful words Zohra, you're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! It almost sounds like spoken word poetry. :-) Every word of it is true, I've been struggling with this for a long time and now that I'm 20 it seems as though life is flying by and I'm realizing it's up to me to take those risks and jump. A lot of people play it safe because they are afraid of change. They imagine a day where they will be fearless but they never change the present moment. I think traveling makes you more conscious of yourself and more aware of what you can handle and shows you that there is so much more to life. It will be hard but we can't be afraid of that downfalls. Talking with people who have different perspectives and being in such a bustling city unlike one that you are used to is scary but most definitely bound to be the experience of a lifetime. I hope everyone (including me) gets to experience the beauty of that. Good luck on all your future endeavors I know you will do great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. So beautifully written... makes me feel all types of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is honestly one of your best posts. I think it's absolutely wonderful you did such an amazing job I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete