I Like To Bake: Tanya Burr's Chocolate Cookies

This recipe is from 'Love, Tanya', so all the credit goes to her. I just thought I'd share it because I use it all the time and the outcome is so damn good, I couldn't resist. As always, if you do go ahead and make these be sure to send me pictures so I can drool over them with you, or just send me a few because I have ran out of cocoa powder and haven't gotten round to doing a food shop yet (because I'm a terrible excuse for an adult).

Besides the basic kitchen utensils, you will need:
275g self raising flour
1 large egg
a dash of milk
300g caster sugar
200g butter
75g cocoa powder
a large bar of milk and white chocolate

Besides dancing to whatever music you're listening to, for me it's currently Twenty One Pilots' album Blurry Face, you will have to:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C, between gas mark 6 and 7, and line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Crack in your egg and then stir in the flour and cocoa powder. If the mixture is looking dry after the last step add the dash of milk, but you want to keep the dough like consistency so not too much otherwise it will get sticky and difficult to work with.
3. Break up the chocolate and add it into the mixture. Pick up 10 small handfuls and set them on the tray. Do not place them close together, the cookies will spread as they bake.
4. Pop them in the oven for 11 minutes. Burr found this to be the perfect baking time and she's right. You don't want them to be like hockey pucks. So, when you do get them out of the oven they will not look cooked. But don't worry, they'll set.
5. Cool for half an hour before serving. Sometimes, I eat them as soon as they're out of the oven and throw a scoop of ice cream on top but if you don't want them to fall apart when you hold them I suggest letting them cool. Either way, they're delicious so enjoy.

              

1 comment:

  1. The picture are making my mouth water, thanks for sharing this recipe. I've been dying to get my hands on it ever since you made them for me that one time. Which by the way I lied, I didn't share them with my gran I literally ate them all myself, they were THAT good. Also hope you go shopping soon because I want you to try the brownie recipe I sent you. Again, thanks for sharing this, I can't wait to try it, Chand x

    ReplyDelete